Use your Long Beach Transit Day Pass, 5 Day Pass or 30 Day Pass to transfer between LBT buses. No other available transfer is valid between LBT buses.
When you need to transfer from Long Beach Transit to another bus agency, or from the bus to the light rail train to complete your one-way trip, you can save money when you use an Interagency Transfer.
Transfers cannot be used for reverse direction connections.
Transfers between LA County transit agencies are exclusively on TAP.*
Here’s how it works:
- You must have a TAP card in order to transfer between transit agencies
- In order to transfer between agencies, you must have Stored Value (Cash) loaded on your TAP card
- Your transfer fare will be calculated automatically
- Your transfer will be valid for 2.5 hours from the first trip of your journey
TAP cards can be purchased and reloaded:
- LBT’s Transit & Visitor Information Center on the corner of First Street at Pine Avenue (130 E. 1st Street) in Downtown Long Beach
- Online at www.taptogo.net
- By phone at 866.TAPTOGO
- Vendor locations located on page 14 of LBT’s June Transit Guide or by calling LBT’s Customer Service department at (562) 591-2301
*Please Note: This program could be subject to changes.
Please visit www.taptogo.net for details and more information.
For OCTA transfers:
- An Interagency Transfer is issued for 50¢ upon receipt of adequate cash fare or a valid pass
- Only one Interagency Transfer is issued per each paid fare to complete a one-way trip
- Interagency Transfers are not sold to customers who ride free
- OCTA will accept an LBT Interagency Transfer if as long as the time, date and direction of travel (one-way) are valid.
- OCTA does not issue Interagency Transfers, but accepts LBT’s Interagency Transfers. LBT accepts OCTA’s Day Passes for one ride at the point of connection in lieu of an Interagency Transfer. No other OCTA fare media will be accepted.
Please call LBT’s Customer Service department at (562) 591-2301 or visit us at lbtransit.com for more and up-to-date information.